I made a snake for baby B to crawl around with. He loves to hold something in his hand while he moves about the house. The snake is fleece with a corduroy underbelly, has a rattle in the tip of the tail, and a crinkly tongue.
This is also the first thing I’ve successfully finished sewing in many months, so I was pretty pleased when it was done! (Even though it’s a real easy pattern… but the tongue took a couple tries!)
I’ve been experimenting with different ferments this winter. We made a lemon dill sauerkraut that is delicious, a beet kraut that is great with potatoes, and we’ve got a spicier kraut mix still bubbling away. Now we are trying out a ginger bug, that we can add to juice to make soda. I was hoping for more bubbles, but we still have a couple more days until it’s ready to try! Have you been cooking up anything exciting??
My crafting priority right now is to finish the baby’s Christmas stocking! I can’t be the reason Santa doesn’t come! Since its just a follow-the-directions type thing, it’s pretty relaxing to work on in the evenings. Good thing I’ve been working on my embroidery skills though!
I don’t really like wearing my hair down in the summer. I have such a mass of it, and it gets so hot. So braids and ponytails are my jam. I also really like headbands to keep hair out of my sweaty face while I’m outside. After seeing some cute headbands around, I decided to try to make a couple of my own. These ones are a tied variety, with a bit of elastic. Next I want to try a stretchier fabric! Do you know of any good headband patterns?
I think I finally finished our wedding scrapbook! After figuring out how to add all the cards, I just added a few more embellishments and treasures to complete it. Now it has all the little love notes and sentiments from family and friends, as well as tokens from our big day that we’ve been keeping for years.
I used the scrapbook as a guestbook for our wedding, and our guests wrote little notes on notecards that I added to the book. We have some pretty precious drawings from our younger guests.
The album is 12×12, but I added some different sized page protectors to accommodate some larger keepsakes, like extra wedding invites. I also just hole punched some things, like our wedding programs, to add them in directly. I count this as a very successful scrapbook project!
We have a pretty neat wedding scrapbook going. I consider it still “going” because I’ve been keeping this box of little keepsakes and cards that I wanted to add to the book. The biggest problem was how to add greeting cards to it. If I shoved them all in one or a couple big pockets, it would be super bulky, and the cards are always falling out. But I recently had a brainstorm, and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out!
I took some 12×12 page protectors I already had, laid the cards out, and then drew out the separating lines. I sewed along the lines to make custom shaped pockets. I carefully cut a slit to make the lower pockets, and then added some decorative tape to the gnarly plastic edge. Then I added the cards in, and put a little piece of tape to hold things in place.
All the cards lay pretty flat in the book, and we are still able to take them out and read them for years to come!