I added some new wedding cards to the shop this month! I am partial to the strawberries. How cute would a wedding in a strawberry field be? Plus the smell, and all the jam possibilities!
Whenever I get an order for some save the dates, I always get little butterflies because: 1. It means I have to do my best work 50+ times in a row, and 2. It means I get to be a little part in someone’s wedding. Always with great privilege, comes great responsibility.
But when I get little notes from happy customers, it makes all my hard work feel so appreciated. Here are a couple sweet notes I have received in the past couple months:
- Oh my goodness they arrived today and they are absolutely to die for!! I know we are going to get a ton of compliments on these babies!! Thank you so much for all your hard work, I will be recommending you to all my friends in the future.
- We have gotten a TON of compliments and we can´t thank you enough for the wonderful work you did! We kept one for ourselves to frame and keep forever!
- I just got home from work and was so excited to see that my order arrived! I opened the box it to discover the most beautiful save-the date cards I have even seen in my life!!! Each one is a precious work of art. I can’t stop staring at them and am so excited to get them out to our guests.
Hope that makes you remember there are people in the world who appreciate your hard work, and your time means something more to them!
Hope you have a nice weekend! The sun came out here!
Things I learned about save the dates:
1. If you have an idea in your head of what you want, just go for it.
2. If you make them yourself, something will probably go wrong, and you should just remember that it would be a boring story if everything went perfect.
3. Sometimes it is cheaper to make something yourself, but you have to be willing to spend more time.
4. No matter how soon you send them out, you are already late (fashionably).
Basically, I searched the internet for over a month looking for save the dates that caught my eye. While there are gorgeous options out there, I really wanted something that was “us” (don’t we all).
Anyway, I doodle a lot at work to keep my hands busy, and one day, my doodles reminded me of the middle school notebook when you doodle a cute boy’s name all over it. I thought that might be a cute idea for a save the date.
So we spent an evening making little drawings and doodles. I spent about one movie making all the doodles into tiny pictures on the computer. We bought paper and envelopes from Paper Source, and some washi tape from various Etsy stores. We got into a big fight with our printer. We won. We mailed them only 5 months in advance, and no one freaked out too badly. And this was one of my most favorite art projects of all time.
This morning we looked at a wedding venue! Just to see. Because we are getting married. (I still can’t believe it sometimes.)
We don’t know exactly when or where we are going to get married yet, but I do know I want a more handmade, love-filled, meaningful, our-aunts-each-bring-a-pie type of wedding. I was browsing invitation inspiration, and came across some wedding stamps. The hand lettering on each of these is beautiful, and I love the handmade and unique result of stamping.