1. Using my new garden hod to gather some veggies for dinner! We picked some chard and chives for baked potatoes. Soon, we’ll be gathering tomatoes, squashes, beans, and all kinds of good stuff.
2. Some muffins for the week in the afternoon light. Do you ever make Malt-O-Meal muffins? They are one of my favorite kinds.
Last weekend, we took an adventure day to go climb up Enchanted Rock. We went all the way up to the top. I was a little terrified coming back down, but we made it round trip in one piece!
It was a nice, sunny day, with a little bit of chill in the wind. We were glad we had long sleeves when we got to the summit. The wind up there was cold on our ears.
When you are this far away, you think, oh it doesn’t look that steep. Extremely deceiving. Like a stair stepper times a hundred, plus the added danger of falling off the side.
We took a different route home and stopped for some bbq. The meat here is good, but they don’t have pickles on the side. Instead they have jalepenos. Just in case pickles with your bbq is a deciding factor.
We made it home in the afternoon, and then took a nice nap. All that danger and sandwiches made us sleepy.
It seems like I always get a bad cold right around this time of year, every year. I forget how much of a bummer it is to have a cold.
So I’ve been drinking tea, and trying to work on a quilt. I also forgot how much math is involved in quilt making, and how hard it is to do math when your head is fuzzy.
It was a busy one.
1. Its Longhorn sewing season.
2. Our little eggplant is growing so fast!
3. I love weddings.
Couple from over the weekend.
1. We finished our puzzle!
2. Reading and coffee shop dates.
3. Giving the pup a bath in the backyard.
A couple from over the weekend.
1. I’ve been on a biscuit making kick. This recipe ranked in the top 2.
2. The clouds in the park were from a painting.
3. We had to pull up our cucumber plants. Its a very sad story I’ll tell you later.