We’ve lived in our house together and been married for almost a year, so it was time to add our family crest to the place.
I pay way too much attention to the back of my embroidery. Especially since it was covered up anyway. I just don’t want people in the 18th century to think I had loose morals because the back of my embroidery is all messy.
This kind of embroidery is the most fun. If I was around in the 18th century, I would have been cranking out the embroidery.
When that part was finished, I asked it what it felt like being. It said a flag, so then came some triangle math.
I used more leftover wedding fabric scraps for the back. It seemed fitting.
Then I sewed it all up, added some hanger loops, and stitched the edges. And someday, if someone rips it all apart, they will see how neat the back of my work looks.
My mom, sister, and I made these for a little crafting experiment. I like the idea of a little fabric or paper banner for the wedding, so we tried out a couple tutorials we found to see what we could make. We used this tutorial for the little tissue tassels, and this tutorial for the big pom pom. I have seen some more tutorials since for the tissue tassels that might be a little better, and I have pinned them here.
I really enjoy the making and creating of things (obviously), so I am looking forward to more wedding projects to see what I like best!