1. Pretty gingerbread horses. 2. How I want to be all the time. 3. Make your own beeswax candles for a useful present. 4. Caramel popcorn reminds me of those big Christmas popcorn tins. 5. And a gingerbread farm, because I love gingerbread.
Our leaf situation is almost under control over here. Those last couple just keep holding on. We made a boatload of chicken soup last night, so this weekend we will probably be rounding up the last of the leaves, watching movies, writing Christmas cards, and eating soup. Have a good one!
1. I generally like my fudge classic with walnuts, but this peanut butter chocolate fudge looks cute with the little swirl of chocolate on top. 2. Mini herb wreaths! 3. Now that I’ve conquered hats, its time to move on to mittens. 4. Salt dough ornaments have a cousin? 5. I don’t think I could ever eat these, but they look like a Christmas party.
What are you up to this December weekend? I have some animals to sew, a garden to protect from bugs, and we still have all the leaves in the world to rake. We’re tempted to get one of those extra large holiday bags that you fill with leaves. Hope you have a merry one!
1. Oh fresh biscuits. How to make perfect buttermilk biscuits. 2. Let’s wrap all the presents in plaid flannel. 3. Different ways to spice up your hot chocolate. 4. A pretty winter wreath. 5. A good cookie for turkey day- chewy pumpkin chocolate chip.
What are you up to this weekend? Is it acceptable decorating time yet? We might put up a strand or two of lights outside. Nothing overly holiday themed yet, but just a little dose of festivity. And as a functional bonus, it will add a little more light for the early evenings. Wishing you all a cozy weekend.
1. A pretty crochet sweater, and 2. a pom pom hat, both necessary for the current weather. 3. Its baking conditions, and we haven’t made pumpkin bread yet this year. 4. Love this pattern, and the colors. 5. There are almost 100 sales in the Little Amaryllis shop! I am very excited. Do you need any fun stuffed animals??
I’ve been super busy filling orders this week, and worrying if the garden is getting enough water in this cold weather. Hope y’all stay warm and cozy!
1. It recently occurred to me that I could try to sew a jacket. This one is so cool, but the pattern says its out of print… 2. Free pattern for crochet slippers to keep your feets cozy and warm! 3. You bet we are going to send our Christmas cards with Batman stamps this year. 4. These spider donuts make me chuckle. 5. The articles about what people eat in different countries are always fascinating to me.
We got some movies to watch, plants to water, a football team to cheer on, and books to read this weekend. Hope you have a good one!
1. A list of beautiful illustrated children’s books. 2. I would wear that outfit everyday. 3. You must look at the rest of these granny square outfits. I’ve been working on a top secret crochet project, but it is nothing like those. 4. Cute fall spritz cookies! 5. Crochet and leather purse you could whip up in no time.
Its already the last weekend in September! Our front yard is enjoying what we are calling second spring. You can see all the new growth and flowers coming out. It finally dried off enough to mow the grass yesterday, and we hope to start a little backyard landscaping soon. Sage bushes everywhere!
1. Its someone’s birthday soon, and birthdays deserve treats. 2. This lunch bag pattern is perfect. 3. Such a pretty clutch, plus I like knowing the money is going to good use. 4. House slippers, and they are made with SALMON leather. 5. I didn’t realize you could crochet this pattern, but now that I do know, I can’t unknow it.
We have to go to the mall this weekend. The mall! When is the last time we went to the mall. Its very exciting, and I’m listening to J. Lo circa 2001 to prepare for the Orange Julius and chinese food. Its also my most favorite guy’s birthday, so there will be cake baking and movies and popcorn. Have a lovely one!
The “hoping for cooler weather” edition. 1. Wouldn’t these be the perfect breakfast treat on a cloudy morning? 2. I love that braids can be messy and put-together at the same time. 3. Gorgeous hat to make. Couldn’t even begin to imagine how to make that twisted looking part. 4. I’m thinking that I could make a version of this shirt, once I find the right fabric and learn how to make the piping part. 5. How does a short sleeve sweatshirt look so classy?
How was your week? I felt like I got a lot done, and I was even able to garden a little one morning. We don’t have much planned out for the weekend, but we always manage to think of something!
1. Oatmeal cookie granola sounds like a treat. 2. I still haven’t learned how to knit. The dual tools worry me. But these socks are beautiful. 3. Great fabric choice for this simple zip pouch. 4. My standard answer when people call me on the phone. 5. Have you played with Hyperlapse? I made this quick one, but I want to dedicate a day to filming a plant.
It finally rained yesterday! The plants are all water hungover today. We have a couple more birthday parties this weekend (everyone we know was born during this time of year), college football to watch, and some closets to clean. I have a bunch of new fall cards and gift tags in the shop, if you are in need of some simple weekend crafts!
1. Prettiest tomatoes, and other collections. 2. I still love these posts because I am nosy, and for the illustrations. 3. Also love these scribbly type illustrations. 4. A gold dodo bird piñata for every occasion. 5. I would like to make a pair of shoes someday. What a cool skill to have.
Are y’all excited for the long weekend? College football is also returning, which is like a whole holiday on its own here. Our weekend will probably include bbq, lots of football, naps, and we have plans to make a pie, though we can’t decide on what kind. Have a safe one!